Bill Rust's Internet Marketing Manifesto
Free advice for Dayton, Ohio Online Marketing (SEO/PPC/CRM)
- Profit is everything, and the ONLY thing. If you don't understand or believe this, just quit now.
- Conversions. They're how you get to Revenue which is what gets you to Profit. They are your guiding light on the road to success. If you are not an expert at converting your traffic, become one!
- You have to do the work, or pay someone to do it for you. You are not Amazon or Target and realistically you won't be with your original idea or plan.
- Everything is marketing, everything.
- Be you, your brand, and/or your message. If you can't say it in plain speak don't say it (you'll look like an idiot).
- You have to have set goals, and an actionable plan to reach them. Once you hit a goal, make the next goal more ridiculous and shoot for it.
- "Hits" mean nothing. The only thing that means anything is the balance in your bank account. See #1 above.
- Measure EVERYTHING. If something can be measured it can be improved, do it from the beginning.
- You have to automate as much as possible. No one sees the vision like you do, time is short, automating as much as possible will get you those extra minutes and hours you need to succeed.
- Your customers probably don't know or understand what they want, you have to do a lot of hand holding to get things done. Do not underestimate the power of holding your customer's hand through any process you need them to get through.
- Outsourcing is Ok, to a point.
- Spend some money on design, spend TIME getting the design right.